Jatiluwih to the Sea
Jatihluwih that roughly translates as 'amazing beauty' is the starting point of our trip. You will transfer by our private car to the foot of mount Batukaru (2,270m) at 950m above sea level. After a quick bike fitting and safety briefing you will start riding through what is without a doubt some of the most stunning scenery on the entire island. Amazingly crafted rice paddies, arranged in a series of terraces to follow the natural contours of the landscape, Jatihluwih was recently listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its preservation of traditional Balinese farming techniques.
You will cycle mostly downhill from 1,000m above sea level - be aware of many rolling hills in the first section of the ride - all the way to the coastal town of Canggu, a charming village blessed with a rural landscape of rice terraces and a stretch of coastline with its legendary surf break. If you ride a bike regularly and have a reasonable level of general fitness, then this ride is for you. The distance is approximately 50km all on small roads and back tracks mixed with beautiful single track in between the rice paddy fields. This was our first trip we designed and this is still one of the best bike rides you can do in Bali :)
- Guided mountain bike tour with charming, knowledgeable senior mountain bike guide
- Quality mountain bike with flat or spd pedals, safety helmet, gloves (*option to bring your own bike of course)
- Local snacks, fruit, lunch, drinking water, and isotonic drinks
- Pick up and drop off transfers from your hotel (Seminyak, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Canggu, Sanur, Legian areas)
- Vehicle support during the ride
- Our passion and experience :)
Minimum 2 people to confirm a new departure. If you are a solo rider please check with us for our latest schedule of confirmed day rides. Of course we welcome solo riders and we always have plenty of rides confirmed every week. Actually more than 50% of our bookings come from solo riders! It just works a lot more efficient to get little groups together instead of going out for only one person. The busy parts of Bali are already congested enough with pollution from cars and traffic jams and we want to do our share in keeping our beautiful island more enjoyable. We thank you for your support and understanding.
Green with some sections Blue.
Intermediate: Tours are suitable for riders with good fitness level. Previous mountain bike experience is recommended. Trail surfaces may include uneven terrain and narrow trails, some singletrack, with occasional obstacles (roots, rocks, sand). Hills and descents are moderate and require some skill. Riders with minimal mountain bike experience but who have road biking skills or a strong fitness level, along with an adventurous spirit, should be suitable for an intermediate tour.
Fully supported cross country mountain bike tour.
Cross Country mountain biking. We cycle about 30km or 45km on back roads, narrow concrete paths, beautiful single track and some sections of dirt tracks. You should have reasonable bike skills to be able to navigate the varying terrain and narrow tracks. You should wear comfortable shoes appropriate for cycling for this ride.
- Total distance: 45km
- Altitude at the starting point: 950m
- Altitude at the finish point: 0m
- Climbing meters: 200m
We can shorten this ride into a 30km ride and end near Tabanan, you still get to experience most of the highlights of this ride but in a shorter version. Both can be done in the same ride, some riders can stop at the 30km point and hop in the support vehicle while others continue to ride to Canggu.
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Nusa Dua area's: 07.00am, Seminyak, Sanur, Legian, Canggu and Kuta area's: 07.30am, expect to be back at your hotel around 04.00pm (but this may be variable by group)
We can organise pick up transfers in Ubud (08.00am) for a minimum of 2 people booking.
Kids bikes with 20inch or 24 inch wheels, adult bikes 2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hardtail bikes, 2020 Polygon Women Path E5 E bikes (size S only), 2020 Polygon Siskiu T7 and T8 full suspension bikes. More details here. The bikes come with standard with flat pedals but we also have Shimano spd pedals available.
Need to rent shoes? We now have Shimano spd shoes available (Shimano ME2) that can be rented at IDR100,000 (US$7) per day. We have sizes 42,43,44 and 45.
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
The price for our day rides depend on with how many people you will book (at the same pick up address) and what type of mountain bike you will be using (own bike, hard tail or full suspension).
01-03 People per Booking per Person
- US$75 or 1,000.000IDR - ((2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hard tail bike or 2020 Woman size S Path E-bike)
- US$99 or 1,350,000IDR - (2020 Polygon Siskiu T full suspension bike)
04 People and more per Booking per Person
- US$68 or 900.000IDR - (2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hard tail bike or 2020 Woman size S Path E-bike)
- US$88 or 1,200,000IDR - (2020 Polygon Siskiu T full suspension bike)
Children up to 16 years old
- US$60 or 800.000IDR - (kids bike with 20, 24, 26 inch wheels, adult bikes in size XS with 27,5 wheels suitable for children from 148cm, or any regular adult bikes)
- US$12 or 150.000IDR - (children between 1 and 4 years old that come along in a baby seat that we can attach at the back of our bikes (suitable for toddlers up to 20kg)
** Private groups of 6 people or more please contact us for group prices and availability.
** If you book a minimum of 2 day rides within a period of 7 days you get a discount of IDR100,000 (US$7) per person/day. For this discount to apply full payment for all rides must be done in advance through PayPal.
Payments can be done through:
- PayPal (US$, the Indonesian Rupiah is not supported by PayPal)
- Credit Card (Indonesian Rupiah)
- Cash to your guide on the morning of your ride in IDR (we can only accept cash payments in local currency)
Please indicate on the booking form what method of payment you prefer and we will send you a PayPal request or Credit Card invoice.
INQUIRIES AND BOOKINGS
If you have any questions or inquiries you can do so by calling our office or by filling out the 'CONTACT US' form below. Someone of our team will be in touch shortly. You can also 'live chat' with us through the chat window on our website (10am to 07pm, GMT +8).
Bookings can be made online through the 'BOOK NOW' form below or by calling to our office at +62 (0) 361 8476 478 or mobile +62 (0) 82 147 910 102.
"I have done the Jatiluwih to the Sea trip twice now and absolutely loved it both times. The ride is challenging, but not too difficult. The scenery is out of this world, and you get to see parts of Bali that most people don't ever get to see. The company is first class, providing great guides, yummy local snacks, and good support all around. I highly recommend this company and this trip!"