BALI MTB BOOT CAMP
- Mountain biking tour in Bali
- Ride the very best trails all over Bali
- Fully supported mountain biking
- 7 days / 6 nights in local and charming accommodation
- 2022 Polygon full suspension bikes with dropper post available
This 7-day mountain bike adventure is designed for true mountain bikers. We will be on the bikes for 5 days in a row and the adventure will never stop. This trip is all about mountain biking the very best trails in Bali! There is uphill, fast downhill and everything else in between.
After the rides there is time for exploring the mountains, relaxing on the beach or you can just chill out by the hotel’s swimming pool and enjoy a cold beer or a fresh young coconut and soak in the great local atmosphere. This is your holiday after all!
Day 1 | Canggu | Arrival Day
When you arrive at the airport our team will be waiting for you, simply look for the sign with your name on it. The drive into Canggu takes approximately 30 minutes. There are no activities planned during the day, plenty of time for you to relax and recover a bit from the journey.
In the evening we will head out for a local meal where you will get to meet your fellow travelers and our Infinity Team. Our accommodation is located in the popular Batubolong area very close to some of the famous surfing spots of Canggu. There is lots of activity in this area with good bars, beach clubs, small boutiques, great restaurants, and amazing surf. Just keep in mind it is a big day tomorrow.
- Meals included: welcome dinner
- Accommodation location: Canggu, very close to the beach
- Non-Cycling Highlights: Batubolong Beach and it's surf breaks
Day 2 | Batu Karu | Canggu to Jatiluwih | 50km
Time to hit the trails. We will start riding right from our accommodation and head inland towards the centrally located volcanoes. This area of Bali is not frequently visited by tourists and will simply take your breath away. We will ride through charming local villages, rice paddy fields, and mountain scenery. The total distance is about 50km and there is a lot of uphill but at an easy gradient.
The finish point for today is the UNESCO listed rice paddy field terraces of Jatiluwih located at 1100m altitude. Our accommodation is a beautiful and remote local hotel surrounded by volcanoes. What more can you want for your first day on the bikes?
- Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Accommodation location: Bedugul, very close to the centrally located volcanoes
- Cycling highlights: amazing cycling through the remote Tabanan province
- Non-cycling highlights: UNESCO listed Jatilwih rice terraces, Bedugul
We start with an early transfer from your hotel to the region of Bedugul at 1400m. The views from here over Lake Beratan - one of the most famous lakes in Bali - are simply breathtaking. Let the adventure begin!
Through an amazing maze of single track, we make our way down back towards the coast. Every aspect of mountain biking is covered on this ride. A 45km adrenaline rush with some of Bali's best single track. Please come with a healthy dose of adventure for this one cause you might need it! We end up right at our accommodation, a beautiful resort in the middle of the countryside.
- Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Accommodation location: Tabanan, in the middle of a local village and the rice paddy fields
- Cycling highlights: Bedugul forest, amazing single track and trail riding
- Non-cycling highlights: accommodation is a former Balinese palace and owned by the royal family of Tabanan
Day 04 | Enduro Style ride from Penulisan to Tulamben | 35km
Today we will head towards Bali's quiet North coast. A morning transfer will bring us to the rim of the caldera of the Mount Batur Volcano. From here we will start riding, bit more technical today but lots and lots of fun. First, we ride on an amazing single track on the rim of the caldera. Weather permitting we have views of the ocean on one side and the volcanoes of Mount Batur, Abang, and Agung on the other.
We then have a section of 10km rolling hills with a few short but steep climbs. The final part of the ride is an amazing 16km downhill rush from 1600m abs all the way towards the ocean. We spend the night at our local accommodation in Tulamben right on the beach.
- Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Accommodation location: Tulamben, located right on the beach
- Cycling highlights: ride on the outer caldera of Mount Batur, 16km downhill run from the volcanoes to the beach
- Non-cycling highlights: accommodation right on the beach, amazing - Jurassic Park type - scenery
Day 05 | Mount Abang towards the Coast | 40km
Tulamben is one of the best places for diving in snorkelling in Bali. In the early morning, an optional dive or snorkelling adventure can be arranged through the hotel. The most famous sight here is the USAT Liberty Shipwreck from WW2.
The wreck lies a mere 30m offshore, and almost parallel to the beach. The shallowest part of the wreck where it touches the sand slope is at 5-10m while average depth along the middle is 16-20m. The lower edge of the wreck, the furthest down the slope, is 20-28m at high tide. The wreck is pretty broken up but you can still see the guns, toilets, boilers, anchor chain, etc. You can also snorkel on the wreck as the highest point of the stern is only 3m below the surface.
Around 9 am we pack up and go again. Today we transfer backup with our support vehicle to the higher regions of the island, the volcanic core of the island. From the foot of Mount Abang, we will start riding towards the coast. Today's ride is more downhill orientated but nothing too technical and lots of fun. The ride starts with an amazing 12km run where we have a few different tracks in the area.
After the first run, we can shuttle back up and ride another one. We then continue through local forest and rice paddy fields towards the coast. After the ride, we transfer to our hotel in Ubud where we will be for the final 2 nights of the tour, time to relax a bit by the hotel's swimming pool or go out and explore Ubud.
- Meals included: breakfast, lunch
- Accommodation location: Sanur, located right on the beach
- Cycling highlights: ride on the slopes of Mount Abang, 10km downhill run where we have several lines available. .
- Non-cycling highlights: optional snorkelling, accommodation located right on the beach
DAY 06 | Morning Ride around the Batur Crater | Afternoon Ride from Mount Batur to Ubud | 70km
An early transfer will bring us to Mount Batur, our playground for the morning. We will ride around the actual crater of the volcano on a wide mixture of terrain with amazing views of Mount Batur, Lake Batur, and Mount Abang. You may expect some of Bali's best single track riding!
We end up riding through the black lava stream where the latest eruption happened. After our lunch break, we will transfer you back up to the rim and cycle mostly downhill for 35km on a wide mixture of terrain all the way down to Ubud where our mountain bike adventure ends. We overnight in Ubud in a beautiful resort in the middle of the rice paddy fields.
- Meals included: breakfast and lunch
- Accommodation location: Ubud, in the middle of the rice paddy fields
- Cycling highlights: black lava fields, Mount Batur, Lake Batur, classic rice paddy field scenery
- Non-cycling highlights: spend the night in Ubud, the cultural capital of Bali
Day 07 | Departure Day
Today is departure day, checkout is noon. Today we can transfer you back to the airport or to your next destination on the island (Southern part or Ubud). We hope you enjoyed the ride! (B)
- Meals included: breakfast
IMPORTANT! Please note that the itinerary is a statement of intent and to be used as a guideline only. Each day may vary due to the cycling times of the group, weather and trail conditions. The guide in charge of your trip will alter the schedule as necessary and any/all such alterations are at the discretion of INFINITY MOUNTAINBIKING and your guides.
Fully supported mountain bike tour
INFINITY STAFF AND GUIDES
This tour will lead by one of our charming and knowledgeable local mountain bike guides. For groups of 4+ we assign two cycling guides.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 5 amazing days on the mountain bikes
- 6 nights in charming accommodation with breakfast
- All transportation as listed per itinerary by our aircon private support vehicle
- While riding we provide trail snacks, fruit, drinking water, full vehicle support and lunches
- 2022 mountain bike, helmet, water bottle and gloves
- 5 lunches
- 4 dinners
- Long sleeve Infinity Mountainbiking Team riding jersey
- An amazing epic adventure
- Our passion and experience
Minimum 2 people to confirm a new departure
6 nights in local and charming accommodation
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT
The sleeping arrangements are for double rooms (1 big bed) or twin-share (2 single beds). If you are a solo rider you will be paired up with someone of the same sex, in this case you will not need to pay the single room supplement. If you want your own room 'single room supplement' is US$250 for the tour.
6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
Intermediate 3,5 to Advanced 4/5
Advanced: Tours are suitable for experienced mountain bikers only with great fitness and strong bike handling skills. Riding is primarily on rough double track and single track. Sections of trail can be very challenging with frequent ascents and descents of significant length. Trail conditions can change rapidly due to weather conditions and natural elements such as vegetation.
Please make sure you are not choosing a tour that is too difficult for your skill level. This is your vacation, not an army camp! Expect to ride about 4-5 hours per day, covering an average of 45km. Send us an email or call our office if you have questions.
New model 2022 Polygon Siskiu D7 full suspension bikes. Check out the bikes on the Polygon website here.
The bikes come with standard with flat pedals but we also can mount your own pedals onto our bikes.
We ride on everything from single track, jeep track, dirt roads, farm trails, small paved roads and more. Please note that you will have some uphill sections to cope with and a good level of fitness is required. Due to the nature of the trails our support vehicle can't ride with us all the time.
You can create your own tour dates. Choose the dates that you would like to travel and as long as you are happy to open the tour for other people to join in and we have availability we can confirm the new dates for you.
Please note that this offer is subject to availability, must come in a while advance and we can schedule only a limited of trip dates per year.
2022 JULY 06 - JULY 12
2022 JULY 30 - AUGUST 05
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
- 2-4 people on the tour: US$1000 per person with own bike, US$1200 per person with our full suspension bikes.
- 5 people or more on the tour: US$800 per person with own bike, US$1000 per person with our full suspension bikes.
All prices are based on twin share or double room accommodation. Single room supplement is US$250 for the tour.
PROMOTION!!! BOOK NOW UNTIL 2022 MAY 31 AND RECEIVE 15% OFF!!!!
BOOKING PERIOD: IMMEDIATELY - UNTIL 2022 MAY 31
TRAVELING PERIOD: 2022 MAY 31 - 2023 JANUARY 01
FLEXIBLE RESCHEDULING POLICY IS APPLICABLE
INQUIRIES AND BOOKINGS
If you have any questions or inquiries you can do so by WA +62 822 4703 1111 or by filling out the 'CONTACT US' form below. Someone of our team will be in touch shortly. You can also 'live chat' with us through the chat window on our website (10am to 07pm, GMT +8).
Bookings can be made online through the 'BOOK NOW' form below.
Bali is reopening around 2022 March! For the latest info regarding visa on arrivals and regulations please check https://www.welcomebacktobali.com/ from the Bali Hotel Association.
REVIEW ABOUT THIS TRIP
I joined Infinity Mountainbiking for an adventure around Bali this summer. I chose the Bali Bootcamp which is a 5 day trip riding up, down, on volcanoes, in the jungle, though rice patties and little villages. It was an adrenaline rush combined with stays in beautiful high standard hotels in remote places. A perfect combination for those who want action and as well as to re energize. This journey takes you far away from everyday stress and thoughts. The guide Suandy was so nice, teaching us a lot about Balinese culture, ecology and nature as he brought us safely through the tracks. I recommend this trip to anyone who has some experience with mountainbiking.